Friday, September 10, 2010

I thought I had a bad day yesterday.

The guy I "contracted" with for support, had his F-350 stolen from the hotel parking lot last night. It had all my shop tools ( pullers, holders, etc) spare engine parts ( gear box, sprockets, chain, etc) and my oil. It had all his tools, and his son's personal belongings (who was driving the truck.

I was out there at 2am last night getting a liter of oil. I think the only things I might miss will be the spare tire, and the tubes. I'll give someone here a shout if I need something sent.

I hope all the epic shit is over....

5 comments:

  1. Starr, I agree, that is enough bad luck for one Cannonball. Hope things will get better for you from now on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starr, I have been trying to send any help I can round up over to Bill Wordpres site. Prayers are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starr, I looked at the results for the 1st day. Am I reading it right, you did 330 miles? Way more than most others? Go Starr.

    Chaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Starr, look on the bright side...at least you're not heading the other direction on a motorcycle not newer than 1915! http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/
    perhaps next time the organizers of both will arrange a meet-up half way?
    good luck! Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO! Call if you need anything!!

    L

    ReplyDelete